Android smartphone users can now easily scan any document anytime anywhere with the help of their phone. For this user has to download CamScanner app from Android Market. This app enhance the documents, pages and images into a more readable format that can be converted to a PDF for sharing via Bluetooth or email.
It is very handy and useful as you can not carry scanner everywhere. With the help of mobile phone’s camera you can scan any pages or documents and simply carry it in your pocket. Your smartphone will act as a portable scanner. You can save all your important documents in PDF files.
CamScanner app is compatible with Android 2.0 or higher updates. Follow the steps to download and install CamScanner App from Android Market:
- Open the CamScanner app and tap on the extreme left icon with the image of a camera on it
- Capture the image page in question. Tap on Retake to capture the image of the text again and tap on the OK button when done
- Use the 90 degrees rotation buttons to rotate the document clockwise or anti-clockwise. Then adjust the fluorescent green selection box to choose the specific text you want, or directly tap on the Correct symbol to automatically crop/trim and enhance the captured image. That removes all dark or grey spots
- Finally tap on the Correct symbol again to save the captured image
- Tap on the Pen icon and then assign a name to the scanned documents. Tap on the Correct icon once you’re done. If required you can tap the icon in the center to convert the document into a PDF file, then tap the Menu icon and select File to send the PDF document via Bluetooth, or upload it to your Google Docs, or send it via Gmail
CamScanner comes with some limitations like it limit up to three photos while capturing images in bulk mode, the free version comes with advertisements, PDF files are created with watermarks and there is a limit of up to 50 documents in which each document can have up to ten pages.